Why move to regional areas?
Did you know that for people born overseas, regional Australia has a lower unemployment rate than the cities?
We work with regional communities to find you perfect employment and business opportunities that will help build your new life. Along with our partners, we provide plenty of support at no cost to make your transition smooth and easy.
With lower cost of living and housing prices, moving to regional Australia can fast-track your goals such as owning a house. But more importantly, you can create a home. Your new community is ready to embrace you wholeheartedly so that you and your family have a real sense of belonging.
ROA helps hardworking people create something better – for themselves and their new communities.
At ROA, we connect you with the life you dream of.
Benefits of moving to regional areas
- Plenty of employment and small business opportunities
- Better chances of finding employment within your own field
- Lower cost of living
- Affordable housing to fast-track your goal of owning a house
- Relaxed lifestyle and better quality of life
- Stronger sense of belonging and welcoming communities
- It may assist those whose visa encourages settlement in regional areas
Discover Regional Australia
Welcome to Leeton
Temora – The Friendly Town
Griffith Now Hiring
How we support you
- Once you submit a successful application, we get in touch to understand your individual circumstances and your goals of employment or starting a business.
- To achieve your goals, we then develop a bespoke support plan for you.
- We provide you with information about the various regional areas and the employment/business opportunities therein.
- If required, we help you obtain free training or coaching internally or through our external partners and mentors, we can also help you understand how to get your overseas qualification recognised.
- Where applicable, we take you on an exploratory trip of the prospective regional area where an opportunity has been identified and so you can explore the region and its lifestyle.
- We help you secure the employment or business opportunity that you have selected in the regional area.
- To prepare you for your move, we also make you aware of the various government schemes and relocation support, so you can apply for these if you are eligible. We will also provide you with cultural training to smoothly integrate you into your new community.
- After you relocate, we provide you with a mentor in your new regional community who will help you with local knowledge and connect you to the various local facilities and support.
Submit the application form
Your case manager will call you
Attend a meeting with your case manager
Undertake any training or coaching, if required
Take a trip with us to the area
Secure your employment or business opportunity
Prepare to Move
We provide ongoing support
Check your Eligibility
Here is what we need to know:
- Are you over 18?
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Are you either unemployed or underemployed?
- Are you a migrant, refugee, asylum seeker or Australian citizen living in Australia?
- Do you wish to relocate to regional Australia?
If you answered yes to all of the above, please follow the process below to apply.